Many people struggle with meditation because they have a hard time quieting their busy minds. When I find my mind wandering, I use this simple breathing technique. It gives my mind a job to do so that it doesn’t go off on a tangent with my thoughts. This simple meditation technique only takes 5 minutes and will help you relax and prepare your busy mind for meditation.
5 Minute Meditation Breathing Technique
- Find a place where you are able to sit where you will not be disturbed
- Take a moment to quiet the mind
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and as you do, repeat the following sentence in your mind “I breathe in light”
- Exhale with the thought “I release stress”
- Another deep breath in “I bring in harmony”
- Exhale “I release negativity”
- Inhale “I bring in love”
- Exhale “I release judgement”
- Inhale “I am a perfect divine being of light, love and wisdom”
- Exhale “I let go of what no longer serves me”
- Carry on with your meditation
You may repeat these words over as much or as long as you wish or need. I suggest changing things up a bit by adding your own words and mantras to help you relax and settle into your meditation.When you feel complete, simply open your eyes and carry on with your day. This simple meditation technique does work! I have implemented into my own regular practice and have shared it with many others who have also found it helpful in their own meditation practice.